Are your out-loud conversations fueling ads pushed to your devices?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
4 ways to protect your privacy from intrusive ads

Your smartphone is likely always listening to you. It has to be in order for voice-recognition assistants like Siri, Bixby, or Alexa to work. But is your device listening to your conversations and using them to target you with personalized ads?

While there is no definitive proof that this is happening, some experts suggest that it is possible for some apps to access your device’s microphone and record snippets of your conversations without your consent. This is the concern Mark has and why he wrote to us asking,

"2 days ago I was discussing an underwater camera, later that day my family member got an invoice on PayPal for an underwater camera. I did have my cell phone with me during the original discussion. Are hackers or AI listening to my conversations? Also how could they with this information know to invoice a family member?" — Mark

TPD

the poor dad
It has been happening a long time. I was sitting at a family function 10 years ago and we were talking about PB&J sandwiches. 20mins later, my BIL opened his FB app and whadaya know - the 1st thing he sees is some type of ad about PB&J.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It has been happening a long time. I was sitting at a family function 10 years ago and we were talking about PB&J sandwiches. 20mins later, my BIL opened his FB app and whadaya know - the 1st thing he sees is some type of ad about PB&J.
Sounds like a strange family to me. :coffee:

Grumpy

Snakes Unleash GIF