Chainsaw repair

PeoplesElbow

I left (ethanol) gas in my chainsaw and now it wont start, bought it at Milts, anywhere other than Milts I should take it?

Blister

I did the same with a Subaru generator a few years ago. Milt's repaired it quickly at what I thought was a fair price. Replaced all gaskets and hoses in the fuel system, it still starts with 1 or 2 pulls, and never had another leak. I've heard of people that had a good experience with, I think it's Dave's small engine repair near Third Base in Loveville.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I left (ethanol) gas in my chainsaw and now it wont start, bought it at Milts, anywhere other than Milts I should take it?
I don't recommend anyone else but Milt in our area for Stihl. If anyone else services them, they probably get parts straight from China. I'll work on disposable saws like Poulan or Craftsman, but anyone that pays for Stihl quality when they purchase, don't usually want Chinese parts on their German saw. You can't get genuine Stihl parts except from a dealer, the last time I checked. It's hard to make any markup when you buy from a dealer.

You probably just need carburetor diaphragms and possibly fuel lines plus an hour labor, tops.

I recommend non-ethanol fuel and a stabilizer added to every fuel can in the future. You won't ever have to worry about this issue again. Cheap insurance. Add it and forget it.

EDIT: Dave and Milt may have a business agreement, IDK.

PeoplesElbow

I don't recommend anyone else but Milt in our area for Stihl. If anyone else services them, they probably get parts straight from China. I'll work on disposable saws like Poulan or Craftsman, but anyone that pays for Stihl quality when they purchase, don't usually want Chinese parts on their German saw. You can't get genuine Stihl parts except from a dealer, the last time I checked. It's hard to make any markup when you buy from a dealer.

You probably just need carburetor diaphragms and possibly fuel lines plus an hour labor, tops.

I recommend non-ethanol fuel and a stabilizer added to every fuel can in the future. You won't ever have to worry about this issue again. Cheap insurance. Add it and forget it.

EDIT: Dave and Milt may have a business agreement, IDK.
Forgetting it was my problem lol. I spray carb cleaner in the carb and it will run off that for a couple strokes but I can't seem to get the fuel to flow.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I recommend non-ethanol fuel and a stabilizer added to every fuel can in the future.
For a while, I was keen on the pre-mixed canned fuels, and a few others here said they use it too. Then I saw this YouTube video. She tested a couple different types and many had issues with performance. so, I'm back to non-ethanol stabilized fuel.

Grumpy

For a while, I was keen on the pre-mixed canned fuels, and a few others here said they use it too. Then I saw this YouTube video. She tested a couple different types and many had issues with performance. so, I'm back to non-ethanol stabilized fuel.
Never had any issues with pre-mix, been using it for the last 10 years. Always the Husquvarna brand, if that makes a difference.