Hanging plants

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Any place (preferably Calvert Co) that is still selling hanging plants? Spent all day cleaning out unused flower beds and got some Shepherd Hooks so I would like to get a couple hanging plants.

Historybuff

Any place (preferably Calvert Co) that is still selling hanging plants? Spent all day cleaning out unused flower beds and got some Shepherd Hooks so I would like to get a couple hanging plants.
Wentworth on Rt 4 south of Prince Frederick. You might want to call first.

NOTSMC

Any Amish road stands on your side of the bridge? Zimmermans and Green Acres still have them on this side of the bridge. I don't think they've lowered the price, but the prices are really good at regular price. And healthy. I've never had a plant die on me from them. Right now I just have germaniums that I picked up in the spring. They are still blooming like crazy and I don't do a damn thing to them. Had them in the past from both places, they've bloomed until October.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Any Amish road stands on your side of the bridge? Zimmermans and Green Acres still have them on this side of the bridge. I don't think they've lowered the price, but the prices are really good at regular price. And healthy. I've never had a plant die on me from them. Right now I just have germaniums that I picked up in the spring. They are still blooming like crazy and I don't do a damn thing to them. Had them in the past from both places, they've bloomed until October.
I don't think so but I am close to the bridge. Is one of those the one right as you get off the bridge?

NOTSMC

I don't think so but I am close to the bridge. Is one of those the one right as you get off the bridge?
No I apologize...wasn't very clear. Both Zimmermans and Green Acres are located just a few miles shy of Leonardtown - it may be Loveville, not really positive. I know you keep pretty busy, but if you feel like relaxing and treating yourself; it's a short "day" trip and a really interesting place to poke around. Plenty of good spots to eat in Leonardtown as well.

NOTSMC

Very true. I have to go up that way later today and will stop and see.
Does Wentworths ever put anything on sale? I've been really disappointed in that place. Bought a few houseplants from them a year or two ago. Forty some bucks for two philodendrons in six-inch pots. Dead in a month and that is one plant I've always been successful in not killing. I could have bought both of them at the commissary for $18.00 easily.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Just an idea...

Plan on stopping by there as well but driving past earlier, it didn't appear they had hanging plants. Will have to stop and look around. Went to Wentworth's and a lot of the hanging plants were half dead. Almost like they are letting them die to make room for the Fall flowers.

mitzi

No I apologize...wasn't very clear. Both Zimmermans and Green Acres are located just a few miles shy of Leonardtown - it may be Loveville, not really positive. I know you keep pretty busy, but if you feel like relaxing and treating yourself; it's a short "day" trip and a really interesting place to poke around. Plenty of good spots to eat in Leonardtown as well.

Zimmerman's is Loveville