I went to Church Saturday night and the kneeling really got to my knees. My joints are telling me cold weather in coming.

TPD

the poor dad
Oil tanks are filled, salt spreaders are on my pickups, drivers are on notice. I have not put the plows on the tractors yet - don't think Tuesday's event warrants that yet.

gemma_rae

1705257662918.png

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
JB Weather say 1-2 inches for us and 2-4 inches for Alexandria where I work. Sounds like a 4 day weekend for me.

Reactions: BOP

TPD

the poor dad
Received this alert 30 mins ago - snow by tomorrow morning - up to 1".

...POTENTIAL WINTER COMMUTING HAZARD FOR THE WASHINGTON METROPOLITAN INTO FREDERICKSBURG AND SOUTHERN MARYLAND MONDAY MORNING... There is a potential for hazardous commuting conditions for the Monday morning morning commute. A period of snow is POSSIBLE (a 40 TO 60 percent chance) late tonight into Monday morning across the Washington metro area into Fredericksburg and southern Maryland with up to an inch of accumulation along with the potential for snow covered roads. If this threat does materialize during the late tonight through the Monday morning commute, many roads could quickly turn snow covered. This could lead to dangerous traveling conditions, multiple accidents, and extensive delays. If commuting late tonight through Monday morning, be aware of the POSSIBILITY of significant travel disruptions. Plan ahead by allowing for extra travel time, and consider using public transportation and telework options.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
31F here in Pembrooke, about 1/4" of white stuff on the hard surfaces.
Forecast calls for temperatures rising starting in a couple hours.
Should be above 35F by 7AM, rain, too.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Been in the teens to low twenties all day, have about three inches on the ground and expecting four to six more by tomorrow morning. But I asked for it and love it unless I have to take the wife somewhere. I have a gnarly quarter mile to get to pavement, but being the only home on the road (a mile total) it sure is peaceful.

BOP

I think it's around 2 inches here in beautiful downtown Lusby. The roads are almost certainly lousy with salt, so I'll wait a couple of days.

I stocked up on TP during the lockdowns. I didn't mean to. It's just that every time I went to the store, I'd say to myself "self, did you get TP the last time you were here?" I could never remember, so I would buy another package, and bam! The next thing you know, I've got a year's worth of TP in my bathroom.

So that's working well.

I'll probably just wait until the snow melts instead of shoveling. Now that I don't have to go to work, who cares?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Wife got a message to go into the office on base on a 2 hour delay in the morning.

TPD

the poor dad
Just got in from spreading salt on the county roads. There was very little accumulation on the roads during this event, at least in the southern part of the county. Roads are only wet now. I just measured 1.7” of snow on my back deck in Dameron. Time for an adult beverage.