Nylon fuel hose

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Sons jeep had a leaking fuel line. Believe it is the high pressure line leaking at the connection of steel line and nylon line. Believe it was the O ring in the connector. Bought a replacement nylon repair piece that had connector on it. Removed old one. The connector part went on super easy but the nylon hose that is supposed to slip over the continuing steel line was a B@tch to put on. Could not get it over the first bump let alone the second. Soaked it in boiling water and soaped steel line. Even used a heat gun on the nylon to soften it up. It gets to the first bump and then kinks the line. Wound up using the hose adaptor that came with kit and went out and bought a section of fuel line hose and a couple clamps and got it done real quick. Anyone know what works to get the nylon hose to slide over the steel line easier? Main thing is he is on the road now with no leak and back at college.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I feel your pain....I tried and failed using numerous techniques to get the damned line over the hose barb on the repair fittings. Since then, I've stuck with using the reinforced compression sleeve fittings instead.

black dog

Free America
I too feel your pain, on the sons Ranger that somehow I ended up with the braided stainless HP fuel line rubbed a hole in it from rubbing the top of the front shock threads.
I searched and searched for a replacement HP line but none to be found.
I ordered a 25' roll of braided 100 psi hose and worked it over the steel lines on both ends...
No room to crimp, just hose clamps.

Attachments

• 20220816_071107.jpg
    20220816_071107.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 77

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Afterthought: I read somewhere that the trick is to heat up the barb, not the nylon line. I have not tried that myself and hope I never have to.