August 9, 2023: Last Day to Sign Up: Backdated Benefits through the PACT Act

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
A MESSAGE FROM CONGRESSMAN HOYER

The Sergeant First Class (SFC) Heath Robinson Honoring our Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act is the largest expansion of veterans’ benefits in decades. Thanks to this historic law, millions of veterans who were exposed to dangerous toxins including Agent Orange and toxic burn pits will have greater access to the lifesaving care they deserve.

As Chair of the Regional Leadership Council, I’m working closely with the RLC and my colleagues to ensure that eligible veterans take advantage of these new PACT Act resources. Nearly 3.5 million veterans remain eligible for the benefits they earned. There is no deadline to apply for benefits, but veterans that apply or simply submit their intent to file for PACT Act benefits by today, August 9 may receive benefits backdated to August 10, 2022. If you or someone you know served in the military, you may be eligible, so spread the word and go to VA.Gov/PACT to sign up today. I encourage all our veterans to see whether they are eligible and to take advantage of all that the PACT Act has to offer.

Because of increased traffic to the website today, you may see an error message when you apply. If you receive that message, your intent to file has still been logged and your effective date for benefits has been saved.

As always, I encourage all Fifth-District residents to continue sharing their concerns and feedback with me by contacting my office or connecting with me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. If you are in need of assistance, such as with help accessing veterans’ benefits, or have another issue regarding a federal agency, and you wish for my office to place an inquiry on your behalf, please complete the casework request form by clicking here.