Common Meals

LJ1999

My mom always cooked our dinners. Things like Chef Boy Ardee and Kraft Mac n Cheese were special treats for us. The only time I got a Hostess snack was when we had to take a bag lunch for field trips. One time I pretended to be sick on a Field Trip day and mom took away my Hostess goody. Man I was bummed.

I'll never forget the days I would come home from school and you could smell liver and onions. Still makes me want to puke.

One day I came home and saw tentacles hanging from the kitchen sink. Squid or Octopus. Scarred me for life.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Never had to endure any canned spaghetti product. Mac and Cheese i can take or leave. It's not something I go out of my way to have and usually pass it by at a dinner gathering. Didnt' have to deal with liver and onions either.

What was really a pain was the being the only one in the house that liked seafood. It wasn't an option unless we went out to dinner or I visited relatives.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
What was really a pain was the being the only one in the house that liked seafood. It wasn't an option unless we went out to dinner or I visited relatives.
:lol: It was a state occasion to go out for dinner to a nice place. One time the shrimp cocktail app caught my eye, it was $5. And it was also the most expensive item on the menu!! This was back in the late 50s. The look of horror on my parent's faces... but they got me one anyway. It set a new precedent and a joke that persisted for the rest of their days.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Every Friday when I was growing up we had fish (battered covered cod) and chips from the family owned pizza joint a few street over.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Another :barf: meal. Browned ground beef in cream of mushroom soup poured over white rice.
There is nothing that turns out well with Cream of Mushroom Soup.

I love mushrooms and whatever is in that soup, it ain't them.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
There is nothing that turns out well with Cream of Mushroom Soup.
I beg to differ.

I will make rice where the liquid is cream of mushroom soup (white wine instead of milk as the dilution liquid) as a bed to bake boneless, skinless chicken breasts, which have been seasoned with Bells', and minced garlic & onion.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I beg to differ.

I will make rice where the liquid is cream of mushroom soup (white wine instead of milk as the dilution liquid) as a bed to bake boneless, skinless chicken breasts, which have been seasoned with Bells', and minced garlic & onion.
Bon Appetite. :sshrug:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I get Five Guys fries, fry them up in a pan with Crisco.
I kept thinking about this as I was driving around. It got the better of me. I stopped, got a burger for lunch and a LARGE fries so I have the makings for homefries for b'fast.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I was a kid I only got GBC at Thanksgiving and sometimes Christmas. I vowed that when I grew up I'd eat GBC whenever I wanted. Fortunately I married someone who felt the same way, and we had GBC once a week or so.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
When I was a kid I only got GBC at Thanksgiving and sometimes Christmas. I vowed that when I grew up I'd eat GBC whenever I wanted. Fortunately I married someone who felt the same way, and we had GBC once a week or so.
Where's @BadGirl ? We know how she feels about it. :lol:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Honestly, as long as I have tater tots, I have a meal.

I will season TT with;

• 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of carefully selected Smoked Paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon of finely ground onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of premium plain chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon of golden light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic powder added to taste
  • 1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper

Directions: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.

Air Fry until crispy dip in [ same cheese as used at Wing Stop ]

1701891818545.png