ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The Cybertruck II Coming Soon...

ID6YRU1.png

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I was gonna go for sour grapes :)
That would imply something I "missed" out on rather than something that was "rejected."

I'm missing nothing by sitting on the sidelines and watching this cult life out its lifecycle.

glhs837

Power with Control

PeoplesElbow

Properly tired is the key as you say. And of course, you need to know what the hell you are doing. Given the folks who are receiving these, I suspect snow driving skills are pretty thin among them.
Got to say though, I can't believe that heavy battery pack isn't a huge asset being somewhat centered on the vehicle. A ICE truck is terribly rear light, mine easily spins on wet roads taking off from a stop light.

glhs837

Power with Control
Got to say though, I can't believe that heavy battery pack isn't a huge asset being somewhat centered on the vehicle. A ICE truck is terribly rear light, mine easily spins on wet roads taking off from a stop light.

Got to say I wasn't expecting a fair and balanced analysis of this from CNBC of all places, but they seem to have covered the bases pretty well

PeoplesElbow

Got to say I wasn't expecting a fair and balanced analysis of this from CNBC of all places, but they seem to have covered the bases pretty well

They should definitely be able to improve this sort of performance via software. My SUV has a "mud and snow" mode, my truck has a locking differential.

glhs837

Power with Control
They should definitely be able to improve this sort of performance via software. My SUV has a "mud and snow" mode, my truck has a locking differential.
I mean I know magical stuff can be done with software but bad tires and idiots some things the software can’t overcome. I think there's two basic tire offerings. One more for efficiency. One more for off-road and I can't recall which one they're coming with right now

PeoplesElbow

I mean I know magical stuff can be done with software but bad tires and idiots some things the software can’t overcome. I think there's two basic tire offerings. One more for efficiency. One more for off-road and I can't recall which one they're coming with right now
I was thinking severely limit the wheel speed and acceleration to a creep.

I got a Ford Econoline van unstuck that I watched three different St Marys county boys try to get out for 45 minutes straight. I got in barely gave it any gas and got right out, less than 60 seconds. It was a government vehicle and the tires were not only bald but dry rotted. Give the software a "no retard stuck in snow" mode.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Mine is a crew cab, still fairly light in the rear. My new tires helped, but wet asphalt is probably the worst, haven't had issue in snow or off-road
I've got Goodyear Wrangler ATs on mine and have no wet traction issue, or off road in the muddy woods down in Wicomico, even with the big engine in it. Hopefully this year I'll get to see how they do in the snow.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I got a Ford Econoline van unstuck that I watched three different St Marys county boys try to get out for 45 minutes straight. I got in barely gave it any gas and got right out, less than 60 seconds. It was a government vehicle and the tires were not only bald but dry rotted. Give the software a "no retard stuck in snow" mode.

Knowing how to drive right makes all the difference. Before I got the first 4x4 in 2001 I had nothing but two wheel drive pickups and drove them rain, snow and ice without issue. Took Croom Road to work, and gave my best friend a white knuckle lift, back during the Ice Storm of 94. :lmao:

Caveat: Everyone of those trucks had very aggressive tires on them.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I cringe at the mention of the winter of 94, pure hell.
Yeah. We had to work that storm in the PG area to get power back up.

Some of our co-workers were down in SOMD for a couple weeks.

glhs837

Power with Control
I cringe at the mention of the winter of 94, pure hell.

I had just moved down from my three year tour in Maine, and having grew up in Mass and wintered over in Minneapolis where my brother's ride was an early 70s big block Pontiac.

When the radio called for volunteers to go get people over in Calvert and bring them over for critical jobs, I said sure, with my 89 Ranger. Sent me to the Ranch Club for a nurse. She asked if I could take her husband to work at the Commissary too :)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I had just moved down from my three year tour in Maine, and having grew up in Mass and wintered over in Minneapolis where my brother's ride was an early 70s big block Pontiac.

When the radio called for volunteers to go get people over in Calvert and bring them over for critical jobs, I said sure, with my 89 Ranger. Sent me to the Ranch Club for a nurse. She asked if I could take her husband to work at the Commissary too :)
Did similar for a snowstorm in 2002 or 2003, can't remember, taking personel to St. Marys.

Was awesome having the roads almost to myself. :biggrin: