Gov. Kristi Noem: puppy killer

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
ALWAYS has been. For a party that keeps pounding the table on "democracy", this is an issue where they keep insisting they do NOT want the people to decide. Which is ironic, because "the people" keep tilting in their favor. Abortion laws that have popped up since Dobbs are moving away from total bans.
They may be aware of an issue with the polling.

SamSpade

They may be aware of an issue with the polling.
What I have observed - in the polling, decisions and the pattern in Europe is, that people are willing and amenable to a middle ground.
Say, ending them at 18 weeks. Considering that the majority are ended by 12, that's extremely reasonable, and in line with nations that allow it. I've observed before, there's but a few countries on Earth that are as liberal as WE are regarding abortion.

I've mentioned before - we have one side's extreme that wants it banned, period, no exceptions at any and all times, and even with the moral religious view, that's medically unacceptable. We have the other extreme view that has actually claimed that a fetus does not become a "person" (and thus endowed with rights) until it LEAVES THE HOSPITAL - making it legally ok and not infanticide to abort a child AFTER IT IS BORN.

A middle ground can be accepted and voters are open to it. It's already been achieved in Europe.

Hijinx

Taking power from the States is nothing new. That's how we got seat belt laws, helmet laws, and ----remember the 55 MPH speed limit?

StmarysCity79

Wow, you are going to lose so badly if you start comparing Biden and Trump as far as speech goes. DId you see the clip of Biden saying "Four more years. Pause?" The pause was what he was supposed to do, not say.

As for Noem, Trump is pretty good at reading a room so she is done. He is too smart politically to pair up with someone who will turn off the animal activist crowd. That's a big time turn off for voters. Why do people think he is staying away from the abortion question? Because he honestly does not care and knows that he can't win on it. Let the states decide is the best answer that anyone can give.

Except he nominated the SCOTUS that overturned it. So unless you are unusually stupid you will see its Trumps fault. Like most things.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Except he nominated the SCOTUS that overturned it. So unless you are unusually stupid you will see its Trumps fault. Like most things.
Actually I'd say it's the Constitution's fault. It doesn't have a line item for abortion, so you can't call it a constitutional right. Then you get to the 10th amendment that says if it doesn't fall squarely within the constitution it's reserved to the states. What it also means is all of the panicking about a federal ban on abortion falls in the same camp, reserved to the states.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Actually I'd say it's the Constitution's fault. It doesn't have a line item for abortion, so you can't call it a constitutional right. Then you get to the 10th amendment that says if it doesn't fall squarely within the constitution it's reserved to the states. What it also means is all of the panicking about a federal ban on abortion falls in the same camp, reserved to the states.
I imagine that this went :whoosh:

gemma_rae

Penalty!
american football flag GIF by ransport

No libtard Pretzel logic allowed without free beer and mustard!

I believe SCOTUS nominees must be confirmed. Also, see post #66 for further clarification.

Last edited: