How would you react

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
When I lived down in Compton it was a way to great people that I know. It was a competition to see who gets the first shot.

Now what you should do @NOTSMC is give them the "pinky" finger - that is for those that don't deserve the very best.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
My father always drove with his hands at 11 and 1 on the wheel, usually hunched forward.

If he recognized you on the road, you got a double peace sign.

luvmygdaughters

When I got home I asked google what demographic is likely to drive an audi. The first answer that popped up was young white male douchbags.
My daughter drives a white Audi SUV, but, she was in Florida on Easter. Besides that, she, like her mother, has no hesitation to throw a middle finger up when deserved.

NOTSMC

When I lived down in Compton it was a way to great people that I know. It was a competition to see who gets the first shot.

Now what you should do @NOTSMC is give them the "pinky" finger - that is for those that don't deserve the very best.
Ah the Grey Poupon finger.

NOTSMC

My daughter drives a white Audi SUV, but, she was in Florida on Easter. Besides that, she, like her mother, has no hesitation to throw a middle finger up when deserved.
This was a sedan and besides that I'm sure your daughter was raised right and has more than enough common sense not to put herself and her nice vehicle in that kind of jeopardy.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Off topic a bit..but I like to give a wave to people I pass..the look on their face is priceless..I think it makes their day...
You must not be from 'round here.... Can't drive the length of 242 or 249 without getting and giving waves. There are several "degrees" of waving though, from the "lift a few fingers off the wheel" wave that most everyone gives and gets, through the "single hand raised" wave to someone more familiar, to the "both hands up palms facing forward" wave you give or get if its someone you regularly drink beer with.

NOTSMC

You must not be from 'round here.... Can't drive the length of 242 or 249 without getting and giving waves. There are several "degrees" of waving though, from the "lift a few fingers off the wheel" wave that most everyone gives and gets, through the "single hand raised" wave to someone more familiar, to the "both hands up palms facing forward" wave you give or get if its someone you regularly drink beer with.
I miss that. Everyone waved on the road my parents lived on but you drive down there now and you get ignored or a hostile look. All the people that had lived there for ages died off, Carrols, Longs, Trossbachs, all gone now.

I go to Zimmermans on a regular basis, mostly on Fridays. All the Amish wave when I'm heading back using the back roads.

PJay

Respect and trust my decision.

1712082001389.png

GregV814

since I retired 3-12 times, I have taken part time postions driving
1) a mosquito control truck, late at night
2) a car parts truck
3) a deliery van
4) bigazz truck tires...

I drive slow and the trucks were equipped with GPS and speed monitors...

Received many salutes.... I just wave and move on.

My POV has a decal that says, "I'm old, be patient".... I dont do fast lanes..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
if someone gave you the finger while driving?

I'd laugh and forget about it if I even noticed it in the first place.

The audi continued straight on route 5 and maybe 30 seconds later I looked in the rear view mirror and he was on my tail again. He then passed me on the right on the shoulder and brake checked me hard.

This, OTOH, is where my mellow would abandon me, and sh*t would be on. I'm not a road rager in general and it takes a lot to make me lose my temper. That would make me lose my temper and he better hope I run out of gas before he does.

NOTSMC

I'd laugh and forget about it if I even noticed it in the first place.

This, OTOH, is where my mellow would abandon me, and sh*t would be on. I'm not a road rager in general and it takes a lot to make me lose my temper. That would make me lose my temper and he better hope I run out of gas before he does.
I shrug when I get flipped off; I'm usually aware of what I've done to piss them off (drove the speed limit in SMC...I mostly get the finger there).

This guy scared me a little. If he was willing to go a different direction just to brake check me, what else was he willing to do. What if I had hit him? I wonder if he planned for that and what the plan was.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This guy scared me a little. If he was willing to go a different direction just to brake check me, what else was he willing to do. What if I had hit him? I wonder if he planned for that and what the plan was.

I know the answer to that because the recently departed Larry Gude was a terrible road rager who took every driving infraction as a personal attack against him.

One time the person in front of us signaled right for a Y split, then changed their mind, quick signaled left and sort of cut Larry off but not really because it's not like he had to slam on the brakes or anything. It was just a little closer than maybe it should have been. Anyway, Larry immediately became incensed and began to chase this guy down. I'm in the passenger seat going, "Larry, stop! WTF are you doing?? Stop!" but he was hell bent for leather. I said, "Larry, he may have kids in the car! What if A or K had done that and some ****ing maniac started chasing her??" That cut through the rage fog and he pulled over to collect himself. Crisis averted.

So the answer is your guy hadn't planned for anything, he was blinded by mindless rage that had been building about something else, and you just happened to be the last straw that sent him over the edge. What he would have done if he'd caught you is anyone's guess. People get killed in road rage incidents all the time.

🤷‍♀️