PSA...

SamSpade

He is using the same method for inflation rate calculations as the VA uses for disability ratings.
It’s based on the Consumer Price Index which uses thousands of items. And it changes based on consumer behavior. If for example the price of ground beef goes way up and people buy substitutes like ground pork or God help us - Spam - then it adjusts to what people are actually buying.

It sucks because all of us would prefer NOT to buy alternatives, but it would be just as inaccurate to measure stuff people AREN’T buying.

Maybe there needs to be a metric for measuring inflation based on what we used to buy, what we’d choose to buy if the price didn’t go nuts.

Hijinx

I use what it costs me to go from week to week, and I used to budget myself $100 dollars a week and now I budget myself $150 dollars a week, and I sit home a lot more to save on gas.
I don't know what that figure for my personal inflation , but it's a lot more than 9%, and I haven't started buying heating fuel yet, but that is the house budget, not my personal budget.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
9B141DD0-20F2-4EFB-9018-1795C65E7506.jpeg

Hijinx

Work for 20 years and save money for your kids education and then send them to college ands watch them turn into morons.