Question: Are blacks too stupid to understand that Joe Biden is trying to buy their vote with Menthol cigarettes.?

BOP

REALLY good video on that --

Which actually shows that INTELLIGENT people also fall into the trap of believing dumb things, because they're far more adept at convincing themselves they're right than believing someone telling them they're wrong.

I'm going to have to watch that again. And maybe again. I'm not smart enough to get it all in one go.

SamSpade

80%, bay-bee! 80% of women vote for the demonrats.

That's because the Demonrat party is like the perfect daddy. "Yes, sweetheart, here's some money! Yes dear, you can grow up to be a princess! Aw, pumpkin, we'll make those bad old men leave you alone! We'll make them pay for what they did you, sweetiekins! How dare they have Girl Haterz clubs without you!?"
There’s certainly some merit to the idea that women tend to be nurturers and men tend to be the kick ‘em out of the nest and suck it up.

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

I'm going to have to watch that again. And maybe again. I'm not smart enough to get it all in one go.
It just means that smart people are very good at fooling themselves because they can be into WINNING an Argument rather than finding the truth.

BOP

Well the Democrats don't try to tell them what to do with their bodies and ban reproductive rights
That's because a) Demonrats only pretend to care about them, when in reality, all they want to do is use them, and b) Demonrats tell them that they're going to pay for this, that, and the other, while in reality, they try to get everyone else to pay for this, that, and the other.

Bare-ya-cuda

Don't get it twistedits mostly Republicans fighting the Aid bills to Israel dummy.
I’ll admit I haven’t a clue what’s in the aid bill republicans are allegedly fighting against, there is usually some BS buried in the bill that republicans are actually fighting against and the democrats come out and say they are fighting against the aid without mention of what other pork is in the bill and their lemmings follow lock step.

I think bills should stand on their own. No pork or kick backs. If it can’t then it doesn’t pass.

SamSpade

I’ll admit I haven’t a clue what’s in the aid bill republicans are allegedly fighting against, there is usually some BS buried in the bill that republicans are actually fighting against and the democrats come out and say they are fighting against the aid without mention of what other pork is in the bill and their lemmings follow lock step.

I think bills should stand on their own. No pork or kick backs. If it can’t then it doesn’t pass.
It has a Ukraine aid which is a poison pill to Republicans. Since it FAR exceeds aid to Israel, Gaza or anyone, it should be named the Ukraine Aid bill.

SamSpade

That's because a) Demonrats only pretend to care about them, when in reality, all they want to do is use them, and b) Demonrats tell them that they're going to pay for this, that, and the other, while in reality, they try to get everyone else to pay for this, that, and the other.
In fairness all Dobbs did was give states - and therefore - VOTERS - the right to decide on the issue. That’s not enough for Democrats. They don’t want the people to decide.

And the pandemic made it also clear - they don’t want states to decide anything. It’s either their way - nationally - or nothing. They wanted everything shut down, everything closed, all people vaccinated, every state. It’s also why they want abortion access coded into the constitution.

When you allow states to decide, people choose the laws for themselves. They hate that.

What could be more democratic than letting people choose?

BOP

In fairness all Dobbs did was give states - and therefore - VOTERS - the right to decide on the issue. That’s not enough for Democrats. They don’t want the people to decide.

And the pandemic made it also clear - they don’t want states to decide anything. It’s either their way - nationally - or nothing. They wanted everything shut down, everything closed, all people vaccinated, every state. It’s also why they want abortion access coded into the constitution.

When you allow states to decide, people choose the laws for themselves. They hate that.

What could be more democratic than letting people choose?
Yeah, they say "democracy is at risk," but they don't mean the vox populi (except they're the threat to that). They mean "our implementation of totalitarianism is at risk."

We're still a representative Constitutional Republic - at least nominally - though the uniparty has pretty much given up any pretense of listening to their constituents.

Oh, they still pander like hell to the ones they need to vote for them, though with the ones they KNOW they're reliable voters, not so much. Exhibit A: American Jews.

Hijinx

Me either, maybe next time I will watch it without the cartoons, then it might make more sense.

SamSpade

Wow: Judge Joe really doesn't like Biden.
I remember Biden back in '87. The country hadn't seen so many Democrat contenders since '68 but not a one stood above the others, and they were referred to as the "Seven Dwarves". IIRC - Biden was the first to drop out, once his plagiarized speech came to the fore - and then journalists started diving deeper - like into his claim of graduating near the top of his law school class (more like the bottom half) - eventually he apologized and didn't re-emerge as a contender to twenty years.

WHAT DOES suprise me is - KNOWING Biden said stuff like that, it took Judge Brown FORTY YEARS to finally decide he'd had enough of the Democrats.