Speaker Johnson - Media and Democratic Whingeing

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Comedy Gold: Liberal Media Attempt to Push 'Dirt' on Mike Johnson

Oh my, how will Mike Johnson survive the horrible scandal? Talk about a spectacularly ridiculous failure; one might think this was the Babylon Bee or some other humor outlet.

When they have to go that far to find “dirt” on Mike Johnson, you know how desperate they truly are and you know how little there is.

They try to bootstrap that into something this way:

Like his great-great-great-grandfather Alfred, Mike Johnson was part of an attempt to oust the duly elected government of the United States and replace it with one more to his liking. In Alfred’s day, the tools were secession and battle; Johnson’s were spurious claims of voter fraud and trumped-up legal arguments. [….]
About three-quarters of the House Republicans who objected to the Electoral College count on January 6 cited legal arguments Johnson had made, leading The New York Times to call him “the most important architect of the Electoral College objections.” He gave what one fellow Republican member called “a fig-leaf intellectual argument” for overturning the election.

Johnson raised questions about the election and the electoral count?

You mean the same thing that Democrats have done for every presidential election they lost in the past two decades? So Democrats are allowed to raise questions, challenge elections, even attempt to suborn electors, and commit all kinds of “election denialism,” and that's all okay? Yet, Republicans are chastised by The Atlantic for exercising their rights expressly provided for under the Constitution. According to them, Republicans aren’t allowed to pursue legal challenges.

When the media tried to bring this up after Johnson was elected, Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC) just shut them down with a disgusted "Shut up."

SamSpade

Johnson raised questions about the election and the electoral count?

You mean the same thing that Democrats have done for every presidential election they lost in the past two decades? So Democrats are allowed to raise questions, challenge elections, even attempt to suborn electors, and commit all kinds of “election denialism,” and that's all okay? Yet, Republicans are chastised by The Atlantic for exercising their rights expressly provided for under the Constitution. According to them, Republicans aren’t allowed to pursue legal challenges.

When the media tried to bring this up after Johnson was elected, Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC) just shut them down with a disgusted "Shut up."
I need to check my prescription - when I saw that Twitter post, it read "2000 election" until I saw the 0 was actually a "2".

Yes - the Democrats have claimed every election won by Republicans since 2000 was "stolen" and have challenged them in court, tried to overturn and in the case of 2016, urged electors to vote for Hillary, even though they're pledged to vote otherwise (but as I understand it, not compelled by law).

After each of those elections, the hue and cry among Democrats was that the Republican in the White House was "not my President" - mockingly referring to Bush as the "President-SELECT" rather than President-Elect.

Much as Republicans hated to lose in 2008 and 2012 - I can recall no such corresponding sore loser reaction. They lost fair and square.

SamSpade

I do like how one responder put it - showing the desperation of going back six generations to unearth dirt on Johnson by exposing something his ancestor did, 150 years ago. The responder wrote that Johnson must be cleaner than HIM, because you don't have to go back that far to find dirt.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Speaker Mike Johnson responds to liberal media attacks on his Christian faith: 'Disgusting'

"Media wasn’t always so friendly to someone with a Judeo-Christian worldview, and in your case, some of the things that had been said, Politico interviewed a historian about your worldview, and this historian said you’re a Christian nationalist, it comes from that of Christian supremacy," Fox News' Kayleigh McEnany said to Johnson.

She then quoted Psaki labeling Johnson as a Christian "fundamentalist."

"What do you think when you hear that?" McEnany asked.

"Look, there are entire industries that are built to take down public leaders – effective political leaders like me. I’m not surprised by that. I mean, it comes with the territory. It doesn’t bother me at all," Johnson responded.

"I just wish they would get to know me," he continued, adding, "I’m not trying to establish Christianity as the national religion or something. That’s not what this is about at all."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The Vitriol Against a Christian Speaker Is Getting Weird

So-called "fact-checkers" like PolitiFact examined whether Johnson worked for a hate group, with a piece from last Friday asking, "Did Mike Johnson work for a hate group? SPLC and Christian law firm have sparred over label." The fact that the Southern Poverty Law Center is a highly discredited far-left organization that designates Christian law groups and parental rights groups on the same "hate maps" as they do groups like the Ku Klux Klan tells you all you need to know. SPLC itself could very well be described as a hate group.

So obsessed were social media trolls with Johnson's views on marriage that, as our friends at Twitchy highlighted, the Call to Activism X account, shared an old photo of the now speaker with his wife celebrating a birthday, implying he looked gay as an insult.

It's not just social media trolls that have been going after Johnson and his faith, though. NewsBusters highlighted some examples of the mainstream media going after Johnson, including MSNBC's Joy Reid. "On October 26, Reid praised the hysterical insight of The Daily Beast’s David Rothkopf on her show The ReidOut: 'Johnson is more dangerous than Donald Trump because Johnson actually wants to make America into a Christian theocracy,'" the piece mentioned.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Meet The Phony ‘Christian’ Group Trying To Take Down The New House Speaker

It’s no wonder, then, that atheist mega-donors like George Soros have poured tens of millions of dollars into the effort over the past two decades. That political machine’s latest target is our new House speaker, Mike Johnson, R–La., a devout Baptist who unashamedly turns to the Bible for “my worldview — that’s what I believe.”

That’s enough to qualify Johnson as America’s “most dangerous Christian nationalist” and a “dangerous extremist,” according to the phony Christian group Faithful America, a key cog in the leftist attack machine.

Faithful America pretends to promote “Jesus’ message of good news” — what that means, the group won’t say — supposedly “hijacked by the religious right to serve a hateful political agenda,” “white supremacy,” and, horror of horrors, Christian nationalism.

Don’t be fooled. Faithful America was created by far-left activists to serve God-haters in the Democrat Party, courtesy of funding from Soros. Here’s the inside scoop.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Hell, this new Speaker will probably be dumped by his own party (again) because he had to come up with a CR to keep the govt running.

SamSpade

But the Gang of Eight is not happy, and that crazy Rule to Vacate is still in effect. Let's hope they give Johnson some sort of honeymoon.
They have to undo that - it was stupid for McCarthy to agree to it. All it takes is for five disgruntled GOP congressman to kick him out (assuming every Democrat votes together, which is what they do).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

CNBC Anchor Tries To Corner Mike Johnson On Church And State, Gets A History Lesson Instead

“The separation of church and state is a misnomer —people misunderstand it,” Johnson said during an interview on “Squawk Box.”

“Of course, it comes from a phrase that was in a letter that [Thomas] Jefferson wrote — it’s not in the Constitution,” he added.

Johnson referred to Thomas Jefferson’s 1802 letter to the Danbury Baptist Association of Connecticut when Jefferson served as the third President of the United States.

“What he was explaining is they did not want the government to encroach upon the church, not that they didn’t want principles of faith to have influence on our public life is exactly the opposite,” Johnson said. “It’s exactly the opposite.”

He then referenced George Washington’s Farewell Address, delivered in 1796, which stated, “Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports.”

Johnson also mentioned John Adams’ letter to the Massachusetts Militia in 1798, which read, “Our constitution is made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other.”

“They knew that it would be important to maintain our system,” Johnson said. “And that’s why I think we need more of that — not an establishment of any national religion, but we need everybody’s vibrant expression of faith because it’s such an important part of who we are as a nation.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Jake Tapper Flies Wingman for Biden's Border Crisis, Gets Fact-Checked Into Next Week by Speaker Johnson

By the time the segment ended, Tapper and CNN looked exactly like what they are: Biden mouthpieces. Nothing more, nothing less.

Johnson and more than 60 House Republicans traveled to border town Eagle Pass, Texas, on Wednesday to witness the deteriorating crisis firsthand — as Biden continues to seek Republican support for additional aid for Ukraine and Israel in their respective wars. But Johnson continues to insist that the embattled president must first stop the virtual free flow of illegal aliens streaming across the border.

If President Biden wants a supplemental spending bill focused on national security, it better begin by defending America's national security. It begins right here on our southern border.

Later on Wednesday, Biden lackey Tapper tried to play whataboutism with Johnson, suggesting that former President Donald Trump was also ineffectual in his handling of the southern border.

The festivities began with Johnson telling Tapper that Biden needs to visit the border for real — not just for a photo-op.

"I think he went last year. I think he went last year, just FYI," Tapper claimed.

Johnson would have none of it:

Well, he went for a photo-op. He should come and spend a couple [of] days like we have, to be with the people here on the ground who are fighting this war on the border. That's effectively what it is.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Speaker Johnson Is Willingly Funding The Biden Regime’s Authoritarianism

When Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., led the charge to oust then-House Speaker Kevin McCarthy last year, many conservatives were cautiously optimistic that his successor, Louisiana’s Rep. Mike Johnson, would lead the lower chamber more capably. Surely the man with the self-professed biblical “worldview” and somewhat conservative voting record would be the fighter GOP voters need to take on Democrats’ extremism, right?

Wrong.

With Democrats in control of the White House and Senate, the House remains the only tool Republicans have at the federal level to stop funding President Biden’s authoritarian agencies and destructive policies. Yet on nearly every major spending fight that’s come across his desk, Johnson has surrendered to Democrat demands and placed conservative priorities on the back burner.

The speaker’s latest act of betrayal came Thursday, when the House passed a continuing resolution, or CR, to keep the federal government funded through early March. Despite insistence from Rep. Bob Good, R-Va., and other House Freedom Caucus members on attaching a border security amendment to the bill, Johnson declined to do so, leaving America’s open border unaddressed for at least the next month and a half.

Another clear indication the CR represented a complete surrender by Johnson and House GOP leadership: more Democrats voted in favor of the measure than Republicans. In fact, 107 Republicans supported the bill’s passage, “while 106 opposed.”

Prior to that CR, Johnson supported a nearly $1.66 trillion “negotiated” package that would have increased federal spending beyond current eyewatering levels. It also failed to include meaningful provisions supported by Republican voters, including those addressing the ongoing invasion at the U.S.-Mexico border, Covid tyranny, and the weaponization of intel agencies to target Democrats’ political opponents. Weak-tea provisions reportedly included in the measure were a $6 billion claw-back in unspent Covid funds and $20 billion reduction in IRS spending.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer reportedly claimed the omnibus bill was “a good deal for Democrats.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Emails Reveal Speaker Johnson’s Top Adviser’s Never Trump Conniption Over GOP Group’s Trump Endorsement

Fraher is one of the most powerful staffers in Johnson’s office and controls all matters relating to the Capitol grounds, access to the building, and more. The Speaker of the House has enormous control and power over the Capitol complex, and Fraher is his lead staffer on that front—and was hired into the position in November 2023, shortly after Johnson won the speakership. According to her LinkedIn page, she previously worked as a senior counsel on the House Committee on Administration, and before that, she worked in Johnson’s personal office. She also previously served as a legal aide for Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) and has a history of various Republican positions dating back a decade to when she interned for Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) in the first half of 2013 when Rubio was championing the Gang of Eight amnesty plan in the Senate. Rubio, after losing the 2016 GOP presidential primary to Trump, has since reformed on the issue of immigration and clearly learned what was wrong with that approach, but when Fraher interned for him from January 2013 to May 2013, it was when he was pushing that plan.

What is revealed here for the first time is just how aggressively anti-Trump this very powerful Johnson aide truly is. Emails exclusively obtained by Breitbart News show that Fraher, whom Johnson hired into this top position just a few months after she sent these messages, melted down when the DC Young Republicans endorsed Trump for president in May 2023.

The DC Young Republicans issued the endorsement of Trump’s 2024 campaign for president on May 24, 2023, at 8:12 p.m. ET. “Now, more than ever, we need a champion. We need a leader that knows how to fight and who to fight,” the DC Young Republicans said in the endorsement of Trump. “We need a Caesar with the experience to navigate the battlefield and the instinct and vigor to charge forward like a young crusader. We need a President that puts America First. We need Donald J. Trump in 2024.”

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm not sure what the deep state showed Johnson in the SCIF to cause him to cave on FISA, but I have to agree with Bongino. Keeping the House in Rep hands at this moment is more important. Especially with Rep congress critters throwing tantrums and leaving the House BEFORE the Nov election. Plus the thought of Speaker Jeffries is pretty damn scary. Deal with all of this after the election, and pray that they pick up additional seats.