Storm's a Comin'

Seems to have passed here. Neighbor called to see how things were here. They are hunkered down on base by Subway. She said it got super windy and they watched a transformer get zapped by lightning by the firehouse.
Eek wonder if the nearby buildings took a big power hit!

TPD

the poor dad
Last picture- going inside because mosquitoes are starting to bite. Looks and sounds like it’s over for us - all the nite creatures are chirping and thunder is off in the distance to our east. Nothing here but a bit of wind and a few drops of rain - a dud!
B1B16D79-968A-4BA5-B67C-52E183A4BF0D.jpeg

Those are the clouds moving to the south and the sky getting light to the north.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We really didn't get much else here. I can hear thunder rumbling here and there so far, it's not developing.

Grumpy

Not much of anything on the bay side of PF...little rain, far off thunder but enough to have 2 dogs huddled under my desk. I imagine the other 2 pups are huddled up somewhere else in the house. :)

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Not much of anything on the bay side of PF...little rain, far off thunder but enough to have 2 dogs huddled under my desk. I imagine the other 2 pups are huddled up somewhere else in the house. :)
...AND then we just got slammed! :lol: The alert came on TV and then a loud crack of lightning and thunder and it's been pouring down rain ever since! (about 10 mins now)

Grumpy

...AND then we just got slammed! :lol: The alert came on TV and then a loud crack of lightning and thunder and it's been pouring down rain ever since! (about 10 mins now)
yeah...here too, couple of loud boomers right on top of me plus 2 60 lb. dogs trying to get in my lap. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Pretty much a complete miss of St. George's Island, even though just barely north of us got some rain and wind.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I stood out on my deck for round one watching a blue heron across the canal standing on a piling through the rain and slight wind. Really very little thunder off in the distance. Lasted about 15 min. A neighbor came over and we chatted for a bit before she went to her place.
For round two, which probably hit me about 30 min before it got over to you, Bann, four of us were sitting on my deck solving the problems of the world and drinkin’ when the sky opened up. Would have stayed on the deck under the gazebo but the wind picked up and we started getting drenched. Picked up the booze and ran inside. It blew over in about 20 min. Got a pretty good dousing of rain in both rounds, but thankfully not the high winds that some areas north got.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Severe thunderstorm watch until 9pm. I can heart the thunder already. Rain supposed to start around 7 in Hollywood.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I discovered I did get some light rain. Not the deluge I was hoping for. But it has cooled down.