Education Issues - Actions / Reactions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Conservative Students Testify Before Congress On Leftist Harassment At Universities Across U.S.

“The first time I noticed this was when Iowa YAF hosted Kellyanne Conway as a speaker. In response, I was doxxed in a group chat of over 800 students and was falsely labeled as a Nazi, a token, a white supremacist, and a bigot,” said Jordan, who is black. “Some individuals even expressed that I made them uncomfortable and feared that I might commit a hate crime against them simply because I’m Black and hold conservative principles. These students believe that if you are conservative, you are hateful, support oppression, and only want to benefit straight White men even though such beliefs are untrue.”

Jordan added that on one occasion her group invited Daily Wire host Matt Walsh to speak on campus, but “students and faculty were willing to do anything to cancel the event just because they found Walsh’s speech to be offensive.” When Walsh arrived on campus for the speech, Jordan said one student spilled thousands of marbles on the floor to keep people from attending the event, attendees were spat on, and a band played loud music outside of Walsh’s speech attempting to drown him out.

“Despite repeatedly meeting with the university administration, the rules are continually permitted to be broken by Left-leaning students,” Jordan said. “They are in fact coddled by our school. The university expresses affirmations and puts together support, solidarity, and celebration spaces.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Chaplain’s BDSM Workshop Faces Blowback at Christian College

Beatrix Weil, the chaplain at Memphis-based school, had posted a message inviting students to attend a seminar titled, "BDSM 101." And, no, that's not an acronym for "Best Darned Spiritual Mentor."

"Chaplain Beatrix will host a local dominatrix to share wisdom on how to safely, sanely, and consensually learn about bondage, discipline/domination, sadism/submission, and masochism," the announcement read.

It was unclear whether students would be required to furnish their own whips and bedroom restraints or if the college would have some on loan.

"There will be an opportunity to ask questions anonymously," the announcement concluded.

And now many parents and donors are wondering what in the name of John Calvin is going on at Rhodes College? The answer to that question can be found in my book, "Culture Jihad: How to Stop the Left From Killing a Nation."

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Osama Bin Laden Given Honorary Posthumous Doctorate From Columbia

NEW YORK, NY — Alumni past and present gathered at the steps of Low Library on Columbia's Morningside campus in New York City to celebrate the awarding of an honorary doctorate to none other than Osama Bin Laden.

"This is such a tremendous honor," said Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib who accepted the award on behalf of the late Osama Bin Laden. "I'm sure that wherever Osama is, he's ignoring all 72 of his virgins to look down on us for a moment and smile."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Woke High School Offers Segregated Classes For Black Students Who Can't Learn Around White Students!​

Students should be separated Blacks hold back the White Students ...... black students have little interest in knowledge and moving ahead

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 You won’t believe this next story. Yesterday the Wall Street Journal ran a quiet exposé story headlined, “To Shrink Learning Gap, This District Offers Classes Separated by Race.” They used to call it “segregation” when you separated students by race, and that used to be bad. Literally loathsome.

image 7.png

For years, the school district in Evanston, Illinois — just north of Chicago — has been wrestling with an intractable racial achievement gap. “Our black students are, for lack of a better word…at the bottom. Consistently. Still. And they are being outperformed consistently,” Evanston school board vice president Monique Parsons explained at a recent school board meeting.

At the risk of stating the obvious, vice president Parsons added, “It’s not good.”

A few years back, the Evanston school district discretely decided to try something new down at the high school: they’d become aware of a stealthy new educational program, that has been silently and mysteriously appearing all over the bluest areas of the country like crop circles. And it had appeared in Evanston Independent School District.

The 100% voluntary program is hard to pin down. It is obliquely referenced from place to place using various uninformative labels, of varying degrees of euphemistic excess. In Evanston’s case, they are periphrastically called “affinity classrooms.” But all the programs involve creating core academic programs segregated by student race.

In other words, white kids get white teachers and stay with white kids. Black and latino kids get black teachers and learn alongside only their melanin-comparable peers. Even Steven.

When pressed, educators who support the new segregation claim the segregated classrooms — again, purely voluntary — can improve minority performance, because feelings of inferiority interfere with learning whenever white kids are around. “A lot of times within our education system, black students are expected to conform to a white standard,” explained Dena Luna, an administrator in charge of “black student-achievement initiatives” in Minneapolis Public Schools.

The Journal didn’t seem to be too bullish on the results, but also seemed skittish about directly criticizing the programs, too. The best results the Journal could find were, well, lackluster. A 2017 internal study of a voluntary segregation program in Oakland showed slightly improved attendance for black boys, and slightly improved average GPAs of 2.27, compared with a slightly lower average of 2.14 for black boys in non-segregated classrooms.

But the lethargic results aren’t stopping anything. The new segregation is spreading anyways.

The new segregation comes with lots of bold new euphemisms, like the aforementioned “affinity classrooms” in Illinois. In Minneapolis, they are called capital-B “Black Spaces” where black students don’t have to act like lowercase-w white kids. “In our spaces, you don’t have to shed one ounce of yourself because everything about our space is rooted in Blackness,” Administrator Luna said proudly.

It was not immediately obvious what being “rooted in Blackness” means, exactly, or how algebra that is “rooted in Blackness” might be different from regular algebra.

Unlike many other diversity initiatives, for some reason, they don’t seem to want to talk about this new, improved segregation. The WSJ noted in its article that it tried its best to get comments from Evanston’s high-school district officials, board members, and teachers — who all either declined or ignored the paper’s repeated requests for comment on the district’s affinity courses, over a several month period.

It was like they’d all agreed to keep quiet.

And when a Wall Street Journal reporter tried to attend a public meeting for parents of black students about affinity classrooms, the district’s spokeslady curtly stated she would cancel the meeting unless the reporter left.

When I went to law school, we spent two weeks in my Constitutional Law class on Brown v. Board of Education, the seminal Supreme Court case holding that segregated classrooms are illegal. It is fair to point out that, in Brown, the segregation was mandatory, and hence unconstitutional.

But segregation has a ghastly history in this country, and it is unclear from any of the data cited in the article that the segregated affinity classes produced anything but marginal improvements, which could easily be due to a self-selection bias. In other words, the black kids who are voluntarily choosing affinity classes are more likely to be kids who try harder in general.

The most difficult fact about this story is that 1950’s segregationists would surely now be saying “I told you so.” I don’t know the answer, probably nobody does, but I suspect that achievement gaps are more likely to be related to disciplinary issues.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Don’t Invite Parents’: School Teacher Called LGBT Club ‘Bubbles’ To Keep It From Being Identified, Emails Show

While no longer with the district, the teacher’s actions show how educators across the country will often push to hide information about sexuality and gender from parents.

“This is all a part of the dangerous trend of parental exclusion policies that we have seen take root in school districts across the country. These misguided school officials want to exploit their positions to influence children to hide information from their parents. Parents are the ones who maintain the right to raise their children and should not tolerate schools that want to shut them out of the process,” Michele Exner, a senior advisor for Parents Defending Education, said in a statement.

Red Bud Community Unit School District 132 Superintendent Jonathan Tallman told The Daily Wire that the teacher’s actions had been a violation of district policy, adding that the district would never support hiding any information from parents about school clubs or any school activity.

On August 31, 2022, a teacher at Red Bud replied to an email from a teacher at Waterloo High School in Illinois asking about what platforms the GSA club should use in the context of some students being concerned about their parents “having access” to information about the club. GSA networks are backed by Left-leaning groups and nonprofits like the Transgender Law Center and the Ford Foundation.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

What Is Going on in Our Schools?

The most recent video emanates from Florida, where a student beat a teacher unconscious for confiscating his Nintendo Switch (via The Blaze):

A massive student brutalized a teacher's aide Tuesday in an unprovoked attack at Matanzas High School in Palm Coast, Florida, leaving the woman unconscious and severely injured. His apparent reason for jeopardizing the woman's life: She had prevented him from playing video games in class.

Brendan Depa

This video is so difficult to watch. Brendan Depa is a teen with autism who beat his teacher unconscious over a Nintendo Switch. He pleaded guilty and will be sentenced in January.

And The New York Post has more details:

The mother of the hulking Florida teen who beat his female teacher unconscious over a Nintendo Switch video game claimed prison time would be a “death sentence” for her convicted son.
Leanne Depa pleaded for leniency for the now-18-year-old Brendan Depa, who faces up to 30 years behind bars for slamming Matanzas High School paraprofessional Joan Naydich to the floor before kicking and punching her in the back and head more than a dozen times.
In her first public appearance since the February beatdown, the grieving mother Wednesday begged Naydich to request that the 6-foot-6 teenager be handed a lighter punishment.
“I am so sorry for what my son did and nobody should ever have to go through that,” Leanna Depa said on an appearance on NewsNation’s “Banfield” through tears.

We sympathize with the mom, because we're mothers.

But this crime was so horrific. Joan Naydich, the paraprofessional, suffered broken ribs, hearing loss, and a severe concussion. She reports ongoing cognitive and speech issues. Months after the attack, she briefly returned to the school but has been on unpaid leave since August and relying on donations. She also says she hasn't heard about her worker's compensation claim, and feels the school district has 'abandoned' her.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Teachers ‘Scared to go to School’ Due to Student Violence and Hardly Any Punishment

“There were a few days that I was scared to go to school.”

Stacey Sawyer taught 8th grade in Cape Coral, FL. Taught is the key word.

Sawyer, 55, quit her job in June due to student violence and the fact that they hardly ever face punishment.

From The New York Post:

“It was getting to the point that it was scary. There were a few days that I was scared to go to school,” Stacey Sawyer, a former 8th-grade teacher from Cape Coral, Florida, told The Post.
The veteran teacher, 55, quit last June, she said, after student misbehavior spiraled out of control following the pandemic: Fights regularly broke out, ending with teachers hit and punched, and one student allegedly hospitalized after being slammed on the ground.
“Even though I ran a really tight classroom, the disrespect just skyrocketed. Probably 75% of my time was dealing with discipline,” Sawyer said. “The stress of it was just too much. I even hated just driving down the road to school. I didn’t want to go anymore”

Sawyer taught for 30 years.

Student behavior problems began before the COVID pandemic, but those involved in schools said the shutdowns escalated the problem:

A 2022 survey by the National Center for Education Statistics found 84% of public school administrators said the pandemic degraded student behavior.
And 70% of teachers, principals and district administrators agreed the problem is only getting worse in an April survey by EdWeek.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Woke Connecticut School District Removes Veterans Day and Columbus Day from Holiday Calendar

279019125_1467932416993948_9185393787065875787_n.jpg

Versha Munshi-South (Facebook)

The proposal was initially brought up by board member Versha Munshi-South during the Labor Committee meeting on January 9, according to Stamford Advocate.

Munshi-South said, “The students were using primary sources to investigate the true history of Columbus and I can tell you that, based on primary source research, no, they did not conclude that Columbus was a hero… I don’t think it makes sense to teach students one thing in class and then have Columbus Day off. It’s a mixed message for students.”

However, board member Becky Hamman expressed concerns about this approach, emphasizing the potential polarization in depicting Columbus solely as a villain and advocating a more balanced perspective.

The decision has met with mixed reactions. Stamford local and veteran Alfred Fusco of the Italian-American service organization UNICO expressed dismay at the board’s decision, highlighting the significance of Columbus Day and the importance of recognizing Veterans Day.

“It was a gut punch. It was terrible. It had no inclination,” Fusco told abc7.

“A lot of bad things happened in this country after the discovery, let’s not whitewash it. I said what happened on October 12, 1492, the discovery of America, was the most significant event in the history of the human race,” Fusco added.

The woke leftists are now erasing our history even further. They want to remove Veterans Day, but a whole month for the “pride” celebration.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Cooper Union Fires Shellyne Rodriguez, Machete-Wielding, Anti-Semetic, Pro-Life Student Harassing Prof

Twitchy covered Shellyne Rodriguez in the past. She's the violent, machete-wielding professor who spouted anti-semitic rhetoric and harassed pro-life students. She was fired by Hunter College and turned herself into police after pulling that machete on a reporter.

Now her rants appear to have gotten her fired from another teaching gig:

That's what it takes.

Turley writes:

Shellyne Rodriguez, the machete-wielding former Hunter College professor, has now been fired by the Cooper Union college. The school previously stood with Rodriguez after she trashed a student display and held a machete to the neck of a journalist. It appears that Rodriguez’s anti-Israel comments were finally too much for Cooper Union.
What is interesting is what it takes at both Hunter College and The Cooper Union to be fired.
We previously discussed a videotape of Rodríguez trashing a pro-life student display in New York. Before attacking the table, she told the students, “You’re not educating s–t […] This is f–king propaganda. What are you going to do, like, anti-trans next? This is bulls–t. This is violent. You’re triggering my students.”
The videotape revealed one other thing. At Hunter College, and at other colleges, it seems that trashing a pro-life student display and abusing pro-life students is not considered a firing offense. Hunter College refused to fire Rodríguez.