Weather This Weekend

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Been hearing from various sources (including Greg here...) that we're in for a major blow this weekend, so did a little more digging. Found this report which breaks it down really well. Around 5 min in he talks about MD. Right now, just heavy rain on Sunday, he calls it like a nor'easter.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Updated. All interesting, but advance to 5:50 for our local weather. Stay with it for a bit, it gets interesting with the winds, like near hurricane force from DC to NY.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It looks like tomorrow evening into Monday is gonna suck.

Everyone around my house was leaf blowing today and I thought how mad they are going to be come later Monday/Tuesday. :ohwell:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm just gonna hunker down, turn the tv on and nap all day, with the occasional visit to the fridge. If the power goes out, my battery backup is handy.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
very large one on the ground in Nashville

I thought widespread tornados were not expected?

They also have tornado emergency alerts for Hendersonville TN, Gallatin TN and Goodlettsville TN until 5:15 PM CS

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm just gonna hunker down, turn the tv on and nap all day, with the occasional visit to the fridge. If the power goes out, my battery backup is handy.
I'm probably going to pass on my trash run. It's not full anyway. After a baby shower today, I made a run to Aldi for veggies, eggs and water flavors. No need to go out tomorrow.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I did get out before it started. I passed that really bad accident by Aldi. Yikes! I had to get home by going through Wildewood.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
So glad I planned to put together the new furniture I got delivered for my spare bedroom today. It's a GREAT day to make a chicken pot pie and to finish making up all my holiday treat bags while that's baking. :yay:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I did get out before it started. I passed that really bad accident by Aldi. Yikes! I had to get home by going through Wildewood.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That's the one. It looked like it was head on. Maybe someone crossed over the center divide.

TPD

the poor dad
It appears the corvette got hit in the front and rear but the white car only has front end damage. Shouldn't there be 3rd car involved? Hmmmm

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It appears the corvette got hit in the front and rear but the white car only has front end damage. Shouldn't there be 3rd car involved? Hmmmm
SM News Net posted pics on Facebook that kinda looked like maybe a third car.

Now there's a car vs. Horse and buggy accident out in Loveville.

Reactions: TPD

Dakota

~~~~~~~
ugh - Rosered - glad I am staying put today. :yay:

I have been hearing sirens all morning and I think we just had an accident at the entrance to our neighborhood.

I am reorganizing my kitchen today. I already have chili and cornbread done.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
ugh - Rosered - glad I am staying put today. :yay:

I have been hearing sirens all morning and I think we just had an accident at the entrance to our neighborhood.

I am reorganizing my kitchen today. I already have chili and cornbread done.
They've been busy today.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Now there's a car vs. Horse and buggy accident out in Loveville.

TPD

the poor dad
less than a half mile from the horse & buggy accident in Oct '21 when Henry Stauffer was killed. Each time I drive thru this area, I slow down and pay extra attention - the speed limit in this area should be 40mph because of the mennonite community on buggies and bicycles. Hope there is no deaths with this accident but doesn't look promising.